Maritime Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare
Seafarers and shore workers working alongside or within the maritime industry have the right and expectation that they will remain safe at work. It is essential to create a safe working culture.
RT Safety Solutions Ltd can contribute to this by offering:
For marine personnel across all areas of occupational health and safety including following safety standards, codes of practice and where applicable best practice.
- Ensuring you have the correct emergency procedures and associated drills
- Fire Prevention
- Visible Felt Leadership (VFL)
- Accident Reporting and Investigation – Incorporating Root Cause Analysis
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Control of Contractors – Including Permit to Work and Hot Work Permit
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manual Handling/Mooring Operations
Inspection looks to identify unsafe acts or apparatus within the business and can involve discussions with the staff to understand the root causes of any failings. Inspections can be targeted to identify if specific equipment or process is operating in a safe and environmentally acceptable way.
Audit is the more in-depth survey of different aspects of the business management system and will follow document trails, check the understanding of the staff and look for supporting evidence to demonstrate that the management system is functioning properly, and the health and safety policy is being met to assess overall compliance with one or more regulations or internal policies.
Both functions will consider the marine environment of ships, wharves and jetties etc. There are other aspects within different industries that would require intervention - with lakes or ponds, where people work or visit on the water or alongside of it.
We can assist you with:
- Inspections of wharves and jetties ensuring compliance with the dock and local harbour board regulations and the introduction of best practices
- Inspection of vessels of all types and sizes of equipment, machinery and personnel meet all occupational health and safety standards.
- Auditing of ship repair yards’ prior to their use by the operating company. If required this can be ongoing throughout the duration of their use